Updated: 2 hours 42 min ago
These soft and colorful products can be mistaken by a child for candy. When swallowed, they can expand inside a child's body and cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening.
A 16-month-old child in a crib died after getting entangled in the lamp's cord. In a separate incident, a 15-month-old child in a crib became entangled in the lamp's cord and nearly strangled. In both incidents, which occurred in Europe, the lamp cord was pulled into the crib by the infants, creating a strangulation hazard.
The jackets have a drawstring through the hood which can pose a strangulation hazard to children
The plastic port hole-type windows in the tube slide can break, posing a laceration hazard to children.
The hooded windsuits have drawstrings in the hood around the neck area that pose a strangulation hazard to young children.
The jackets sold with the set have drawstrings through the hood which pose a strangulation hazard to young children.
The colored arches can break, creating a small part which poses a choking hazard to small children.
The top strap can be pulled loose from the shoe, posing a choking hazard to the child.
The hoodies have drawstrings through the hood or neck which pose a strangulation hazard to young children. In February 1996, CPSC issued guidelines about drawstrings in children's upper outerwear. In 1997, those guidelines were incorporated into a voluntary standard. Then, in July 2011, based on the guidelines and voluntary standard, CPSC issued a federal regulation.
The cord attached to the baby monitor's sensor pad is placed under the crib mattress, which poses a strangulation risk if the child pulls the cord into the crib and it becomes wrapped around the neck.
The pajama pants fail to meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The removable blue seat backs can detach and allow the child in the wagon to fall out, posing a fall hazard.
The mattress support board can fall out or slide out of the bottom of the cradle glider posing a risk that babies can fall out and suffer injuries.
The openings between the guardrails on the bunk bed can exceed 3 ½ inches in width, which is too wide and does not meet safety standards. This presents an entrapment hazard where a child could be seriously injured or become asphyxiated.
The nightgowns fail to meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The pajama sets fail to meet the federal flammability standard for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The jackets have drawstrings in the hood around the neck area that pose a strangulation hazard to young children.
A brass rivet can fall out of the sno-cone machine's ice-shaving cylinder and into a sno-cone, posing a risk of injury to the mouth or the teeth.
The zipper pull tabs and sliders can detach posing a choking hazard to infants.
The stabilizing bar can crack and cause the stool to collapse, posing a fall hazard to the user.